Monday, September 27, 2010

Just Hold My Hand, Lord

Matthew 14:13-21, Hosea 6:1,3, Isaiah 41:13-14, Exodus 17:1-7, Psalm 78:1-4, Philippians 2:1-13, Matthew 21:23-32, Mark 6:45-52, John 20:1-10, 2 Corinthians 1:19

Yeah... that's a lot of scriptures... I am assessing the state of this blog and how I should proceed with its format and design. Perhaps rather than try to tie everything nicely together, I should instead let God speak to me as he will. After all, this is meant to be expressive of my spiritual journeys and ponderings, not an official publication, or a judged piece of writing.

Of all of today's scriptures, the idea that speaks to me most and lastingly is the God's hand holding mine. No matter where I go, God is there, not just hovering around annoyingly like an omnipotent whiny fly, but like a lover, holding my hand in both good and bad times. Jesus' miracles prove he CAN do anything. But he is not about doing mighty things all the time. He just wants to love and be loved, just like the rest of us. The difference is, while we spend our lives blind to truth, always searching and working and assessing; Jesus already knows the truth. So grab his hand, hold it tight, and let him take you away from what you think you know to what is beyond knowing. In every way, may this be so, including this blog and the way it retains its purpose, its love, and its blessing. Prayers, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment