Tuesday, October 12, 2010

God provides... DUH!

Matthew 6:9-13, Psalm 127:1-2

Of course God provides! I feel like my blogs lately have been exclamatory! That's why I put exclamation points behind my sentences! God gives us all kinds of things, but we don't really trust that provision. That's why we work our butts off to provide for our own security and well-being. This is not reflective of a christian lifestyle. At least, its not compatible with a mindset that depends on God's provision over ONESELF.

When we pray the Lord's Prayer, we say "Give us Lord, our daily bread," we really mean, "Thank you Lord, for the bread that we have provided ourselves with." Instead, we should pray those words and then let it go, no longer worrying about where our bread will come from. Trust God! Seriously, God provides!

There have been truly life-giving times when my trust in God has been strong and I do not bother preparing days in advance how I will eat, how my work will get done, where I will sleep; because God gave me all those things in his own way. We must trust God's way, which means trusting the unknown. Welcome it. it is God...

No comments:

Post a Comment