Sunday, October 24, 2010

Finding Myself and Choosing Life

Deuteronomy 34:1-12, Psalm 90:1-6, 13-17, 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Matthew 22:34-46

What a crazy few weeks! My soul has been up and down and everywhere! Little time to blog, much less take seriously God's real presence. There was unfortunately much paying of lip-service to devotions and prayer. However, I am back into a routine (bahahahahaha...as if my routine could be called a routine...) so I intend to be more faithful. I have spent time at home renewing myself, which has lit the spiritual flame in my heart to continue the work of Jesus. Once more, and probably not the last time, this blog has become more chore than blessing.

I have discovered that God desires for me to do what's best for me. Sounds strange, but what's best for me is what's best for God. And what's best for God is what's best for everyone. Thus, what's best for everyone is what's best for me. Gives a new meaning to selfishness... love: all-encompassing and all-consuming love. May Moses and Paul provide us with examples to live by and the words of Jesus and the prophets encourage us on. Choose what's best for all and best for you: choose Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment