Thursday, August 26, 2010

Real Veggietales

Matthew 7:15-23

Sometimes Jesus don't make no sense. Other days he is all too clear... and it hurts. We will be known by our fruits. Recently I worshiped with the theme of the "true vine", wherein Jesus is the nourishing vine and we are his fruit-filled branches. And what do you know, I find this next set of verses... on bearing fruit. If Jesus is our vine, then we will bear good fruit. Following the metaphor, Jesus says that not all who cry out to him will be saved and enter the Kingdom of heaven. Some will appear holy, but bear no fruit and do nothing God commanded. Sometimes I feel like I fall into this category because of the lack of fruit sometimes... but then again, I know god's grace is amazing and I know that he has done great things. Perhaps I am too well-aware of my own inadequacy. I genuinely want to be able to cry our "Lord, Lord!" and it be true and pure and righteous.

Everyone pray that God will open doors of opportunity for you to do great things for Christ. Fervently ask him, and it will be done. Search for the seeds and when you find them, help them become fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment