Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Waiting For Myself

Psalm 25:1-10

"To you, O LORD, I lift my soul; in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame, now let my enemies triumph over me.
No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse.

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.
Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.
Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.

"Good and upright is the LORD; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
All the ways of the LORD are loving and faithful
for those who keep the demands of his covenant."


Part of the trouble with waiting is that it feels so much like I should be doing something. I realize God is always the chief actor, but it feels more like I am waiting for myself to catch up to where God wants me to be. Its clear I am still a sinner and God's mercy, love, and grace are keeping me afloat. I pray God will wait for me, as I wait for God. I want the life he has to offer, but my while my spirit is willing, my flesh is weak... and tired, and hungry, and slow, and confusing, and greedy, and misleading...

What an amazing thing that those who put their hope in God will not be put to shame. We certainly deserve much shame. I suppose shame is reserved for those who don't do anything with their problems; those who don't recognize that in God there is no shame and even the things that the world and culture around us might call shameful, God can make honorable when she calls us to them.

May we keep the covenant, as God keeps the covenant.

No comments:

Post a Comment